In this final podcast, I have provided some background information and explain why I recorded this podcast series which covered topics including…
- Finding resources and information
- Challenging behaviour
- Collaboration and coordinated care
… all topics I had difficulty with when I was a home care giver.
Books that may help with care giving or eating disorders :
- Anorexia and Bulimia in the Family: One Parent’s Practical Guide to Recovery
- Families, Carers and Professionals: Building Constructive Conversations
- Skills-based Learning for Caring for a Loved One with an Eating Disorder: The New Maudsley Method
- Surviving Family Care Giving: Co-ordinating effective care through collaborative communication
Many thanks to Beat UK, NEEDS Scotland, Carers Trust and Samaritans.
And very best wishes to all home caregivers. I hope you will find practical suggestions to help you support your loved ones in your own situation.